Wednesday 3 August 2011

Apps for the iPhone

It is about one year ago that I acquired my first iPhone. It replaced my previous toy which has moved on to a better world. Since then I have been playing around with it, and today it has more or less the apps I like, and need.

For the benefit of future reference, and for those of you who might think it useful, I will discuss what I am currently using.

For starters the iPod-function makes it possible to bring my favourite music with me, although I evade the use of iTunes to sync my music, and as it has an adequate camera-funtion I take my pictures with it too.

The apps I have put in seperate "folders," below I reproduced their names and contents:

Utilities
  • App Store (for searching and downloading apps)
  • Settings (to personalise the iPhone)
  • Compass (fun, but not sure if it can replace the real thing)
  • Clock (helps me get up in the morning)
  • Battery Life (nice )
  • Flashlight (when your skulking around in the dark this will add some light)
  • Wi-Fi Finder (great for finding free spots, CAVE: phonebill when abroad)
  • Handy Level   
iPhone
  • Messages
  • Contacts
  • ContactSync
  • PhoneCopy
  • MacMost
  • Find iPhone
  • Remote
  • RDP
  • Discovr Apps, cool way to find new apps
  • 12 Days
News
Social
  • Echofon, interface for Twitter
  • Facebook, 
  • Google+, new alternative to Twitter and Facebook, for those who want to follow, or add, me: click here   
  • Fring, alternative for Skype, and it works on 3G
  • Foursquare, let people now where you are 
  • Skype, contrary to Fring it only works on Wi-Fi
  • Hoccer
  • Bump
  • PingChat
  • Tango
  • eBuddy XMS
Weather
  • Yr.no,
  • AccuWeather
  • MyWeather
  • AeroWeather
  • Weather
  • Skiinfo
  • Ski Club Snow Report
  • Snoveo
  • Snow Report
  • Ski Montagne
Travel
  • Tripit, keep track of your travels
  • PF Free
  • FlightStatus
  • Tripwolf
  • iTrailMap
  • MetrO
Navigate
  • Google Earth
  • Navigon
  • Google Maps
  • SkyView Free
  • Layar
  • AroundMe
  • GPS Tracker
  • EveryTrail
  • Yubify
Television & Radio
  • StreamItAll
  • P4
  • 22Tracks
  • Top 100 Hits
Audio & Video
  • VLC, this allows me to bring my favourite fims with me
  • YouTube
  • TED Mobile
  • Shazam
  • SoundHound
  • iTunes
  • iTalk
  • Voice Memos
  • Nike + iPod
Photography
  • Camera
  • Photos
  • Gorillacam
  • Genius Scan
  • Instagram
Cullinary
  • Epicurious
  • VintageChart
  • BigOven
  • DrinksFree
  • Cook's
Medical
  • NEJM App
  • PubMed Tap
  • Student BMJ
  • MedCalc
  • Eponyms
  • Skyscape
  • Medscape
Shopping
  • Groupon
  • IKEA
Productivity
  • Notes
  • 2Do Lite
  • Easy Note
  • EasyTask
  • UYIH
  • Evernote
  • Camcard
Reference
  • Wikipanion
  • Wikipedia
  • Science
  • Planets
  • KnotsGuide
  • SearchIt
  • Merriam-Webster
On the Town

Language
  • myLanguage
  • Google Translate
  • WordPower Norwegian
  • WordPower Spanish
  • Word Lens
Literature
  • Book Reader
  • iBooks
  • Poe
  • Shakespear
  • Stanza
  • Audiobooks
Readers
  • NeoReader
  • RedLaser
  • Scan
  • ShopSavvy
Converters
  • Xe Currency
  • Currency
  • Coverter
  • Stocks
Excercise
  • MapMyTracks
  • Runtastic Pro
  • RunKeeper
Games
  • Inception
  • Zen Bound
  • Paper Pilot
  • WordFeud
  • Solitaire


Note: Not all applications are linked, so I will be updating that part of the post in the coming days. Second, if any of you know apps I need to check-out let me know.

    1 comment:

    1. http://www.leawo.org/tutorial/ipad-transfers-around-us.html

      ReplyDelete